Attack Role: DPS/Debuffer
Special Niche: Lets allies crit with skills
Usage Tips & In-Depth Analysis:
Nascita is a new warrior who was released with the Inverted Mordent Resonance event. Nascita's banner became available on 2023-03-07. (The other unit that comes with this event, Puzzle, is also very strong and arguably even more unique than Nascita. If you can't afford to roll for both, consider which one fits your preferred team compositions more! If you're a Kamen Rider fan, you don't even need to think about who to pull, right?)
Nascita is a straightforward brute force warrior who deals tons of damage, albeit with the drawback that she randomly teleports around and spreads her damage out in stages with more than one enemy. This means that occasionally she'll leave enemies alive at 1HP, which can be annoying if your DPS isn't high enough to not have to care about it.
Despite her quirks and weaknesses, Nascita offers so much pure damage that she can easily fit into any ATK-based team needing more overall damage and is an excellent boss killer with unmatched DPS. While she benefits from Attack Speed buffs, there currently* isn't an attack speed buffer that pairs extremely well with her - so simply put her with other ATK-based DPS units (preferably with other Warriors, or at least snipers with good AoE damage) for the time being.
(\She would go well with Sockdolager, except Sockdolager for some reason isn't out on EN yet...)
[Whirlwind]: Greatly reduces the interval between Normal Attacks and teleports to the next target after executing a Normal Attack. Normal Attacks in this state deal 50 % damage but apply the [Dissolution] effect. Unable to use Auto Skill during the duration of [Whirlwind].
[Dissolution]: Deals 40 % ATK as True Damage to the target and lowers their Max HP by 40 % ATK while also applying 1 stack of [Crippling Injury], stacking up to 10 times.
What an insanely long description! Thankfully, it's functionally simple - Nascita builds up stacks so she can teleport around and hit enemies with empowered attacks that drain their max HP and reduce their healing. The passive is the reason why Nascita's DPS is so high - few warriors have a passive DPS steroid as strong as hers.
The random teleportation looks cool, but is hard to use strategically because it's, well, random - if you're lucky, Nascita will teleport to the enemy backline, but it also means if you manually teleport her to the enemy backline, she can teleport herself right back out! Nascita is still targetable during this, so it's possible for her to take a lot of unwanted damage if you're not careful.
If you want a reliable assassin unit, stick with Betty, Aki, or Hatsuchiri.
A straightforward single-target nuke with a fast cast animation and decent damage output.
Unfortunately, doesn't do anything else and has a long cooldown.
A simple self-buff that massively increases Nascita's damage for a short period of time. She's still vulnerable to being CC'd during this, so be careful with timing it in boss fights!
At high ranks and with enough Attack Speed, Nascita can get multiple empowered [Whirlwind] procs from a single use of her ultimate. Press this when Nascita is at 4 stacks to maximize the odds that you'll proc it at least twice.
Detailed Mechanics (Pending Testing)
• Will activate even if Nascita is silenced, since it is not a skill
• Attack speed is increased roughly ~3x during [Whirlwind] compared to her base attack speed
• Attack speed bonuses can further speed up the [Whirlwind] attacks
• Double attacks (such as from the Desperate Raze set) grant Nascita 2 stacks
• For the [Whirlwind] hits, Nascita attacks before teleporting
• Does Nascita apply [Dissolution] and deal true damage if the hit was dodged?
• The 10 stack limit applies to the [Dissolution] and [Crippling Injury] debuffs, but the additional true damage is still applied even at max stacks
• [Dissolution] reduces only maximum HP and does not inherently reduce current HP aside from the true damage instance that's dealt (so if the enemy is invulnerable, their max HP will go down, but not their current HP)
• Does the reduced Max HP actually make you lose DPS with Limit Value?
• If it charges to full during [Whirlwind], Nascita will immediately use this skill upon exiting Whirlwind
• The 30% bonus damage to shielded enemies doesn't affect true damage from the skill applying [Dissolution]
• Activating Nascita ultimate during [Whirlwind] will not add 5 hits to the current instance, so use it before she hits 5 stacks, not after.
• [Whirlwind] attacks during Nascita's ultimate apply 2 stacks of [Dissolution] (1 base + 1 additional).
• She apparently needs 140 bonus attack speed to proc [Whirlwind] 3 times from one ultimate cast at 5★ rarity.
• What does this mean, practically? Is it sufficient to have a Paradigm set and her 75% Attack Speed buff will take care of the rest?
Offense Zone Algorithms
Now that the new β-series algorithms are out, we have options other than MLR Matrix. Which set does Nascita go best with?
While MLR Matrix is generally strong on most high DPS characters, Nascita's poor targeting means it's very difficult to make her intentionally kill something. Even if there's a super high ATK purger and you teleport Nascita next to it, chances are she'll teleport herself away before she finishes it off!
Since a lot of Nascita's DPS is from [Whirlwind] where she randomly teleports around and hits enemies, there's very little the player can do to control whether Nascita gets a last hit or not. Therefore, the Limit Value set, despite its anti-synergy with her passive (since it reduces enemy max HP and thus could reduce damage dealt by Limit Value's 3-set bonus), is likely still her BiS set for the time being, despite its anti-synergy with both [Dissolution] and Nascita's tendency to deal a lot of true damage.